Breakfast Cookie Skillet with Tahini and Berries
A dreamy dessert-turned-breakfast berry and tahini cookie skillet! Healthy and can be made in bulk for an easy breakfast anyway of the week. Can easily be made vegan and gluten-free
Hearty Berry and Tahini Butter Breakfast Cookie Skillet
2½ cups oat flour
1¼ cups rolled oats
1 tsp sea salt
2 tsp ground cinnamon
½ cup tahini or peanut butter
2 tbsp melted ghee, plus extra to grease the skillet
½ cup Lactaid milk (or any milk)
2 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup pure maple syrup
1 cup fresh berries, plus 1/4 cup reserved for topping
1¼ cup medjool dates, pitted and roughly chopped into small pieces
1. Start by preheating the oven to 350°F. In a medium size mixing bowl, mix together the dry ingredients—oat flour, oats, sea salt, and cinnamon.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients—tahini, ghee, Lactaid, vanilla, and maple. Slowly mix the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well.
3. Using a spatula, gently fold in the berries and medjool dates. Keep folding until the berries and dates are well incorporated.
4. Pour the mixture into a grease lined 12-inch skillet. Press the dough firmly into the skillet creating one large dense cookie.
5. Stud the top with the remaining berries and pop it into the oven to cook for 22-24 minutes, or until the top is crispy and golden brown. Once cooled, cut into slices and enjoy!