Chewy Chocolate Chunk Cookies (Gluten-Free)
Delicious gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies that are chewy in the inside and crisp on the outside.
Here is the recipe you guys have been waiting for...Chocolate Chunk Cookies (and they're gluten-free)! A style of cookie that somehow manages to satisfy everyones needs. A cookie that is chewy on the inside, yet crispy on the outside and light as a feather.
To keep the cookie light, I've added a dollop of yogurt into the mix (feel free to sub in coconut yogurt if vegan). It might sound strange but it is actually delicious, providing a moistness to the cookies! It's a little indulgent but hey, we all need a little of that from time to time :)
Enjoy these beauties!
* Make sure to refrigerate the dough. This gives time for the fat in the cookies to solidify - which prevents the cookies from spreading when baking.
* Watch the cookies right at nine minutes. I pulled mine out one minute late and they were not as chewy. For my oven, they needed to cook for 10 minutes exactly. Just keep an eye on them :)
* Every ingredient in the recipe can be adapted to suit your dietary needs. I've included substitutions below.
Serves: 15-18 cookies
Ingredients for the Chocolate Chunk Cookies:
2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour (I used Trader Joe's brand)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 cup Siggi's Vanilla Yogurt (or use coconut if vegan)
7 tablespoons unsalted ghee or butter
3 tablespoons cashew butter (or almond, but will taste lightly nuttier)
1 & 1/4 cup coconut sugar
2 eggs (or use 2 chia eggs if vegan)
3oz dark chocolate bar, break into chunks
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk gluten-free flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside while you melt the ghee/butter.
- Add the ghee/butter, yogurt, cashew butter, coconut sugar into a bowl and using a mixing stand or hand mixer, whisk for a few minutes until combined.
- Add in the eggs and mix well.
- Add the flour to egg mixture and whisk on low until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Place the dough in the fridge to set for 30 mins.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and let it come down to room temperature, about 10 minutes, and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using your hands, scoop 1 & 1/2 tablespoon size of cookie dough onto the parchment paper. Leave a little room in-between each cookie.
- Bake cookies for 9-11 minutes. Remove. They might seem undercooked but they will harden. Enjoy!
Recipe is loosely adapted from My Gluten-Free Kitchen
I hope you love these cookies! And if you make them please tag me on Instagram @marie.reginato, so I can see your creation! xx